Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thankful Thursday!!!

Well today is Thursday and as I am about to post everything I am thankful for,so much has happened in our community that I wanted to share that as well.Many of you know from the news about the slide,the flooding and how we are basically cut off from all the surronding communities.Now as much as this as everybody worried about their homes and yards we have a real sense of community happening and it is awesome to see how so much bad could bring so much good.Everybody helping each other with sandbagging,evacuating and just being there for each other.



So I begin;
I am thankful for strangers helping strangers,
I am thankul for all the crews working day and night to make sure everyone is safe.
I am thankful for the updated news reports.
I am thankful for all our friends and family for all their phone calls making sure we are all okay.
I am thankful that the rain seems to be clearing up for the time being.
I am thankful for my daughters big heart in helping with sandbagging as one of her friends had to work fast to safe their home.
I am thankful for my kids understanding and their unconditional love.
I am thankful for my camera as without it I wouldn't be able to take pics and send them to our family ensuring that we are safe.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow that was a great thankful list...I know things must be tense over there and I am sure that God is smiling down on you that you are being thankful in the midst of a difficult time....
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Crystal said...

By the way...Your link over at Sting my heart is not working you must have forgotten to put your website in the linky thing so I re-entered it for you...
Blessings

Denise said...

Bless you for having a thankful heart even in the hard times. I am praying for your family.

Serving Him said...

What a blessing to see God bring everyone together during this hard time. Sincerely, Serving Him

Tanya said...

Thankyou Crystal.

Alycia said...

Praising God with you for the sense of community you are feeling right now. My prayers are with you all for peace in this difficult time. Blessings from Okinawa, Japan!