Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day..,

I have always in some way been very emotional when it comes to our children,but nothing could have prepared us for this today.When it comes to our kids we all want is to protect them and keep them from harm.However as much as we want there will be times when things happen that are not forseen.Now today started out great.We did our father's day thing,then Jordan went to play with his friends,Samm and I went to Save-on and bill slept.Not too much out of the ordinary,until I am standing inline waiting to pay when the cell phone goes off.So i answer it and it was Bill telling me that I needed to come home as one of Jord's best friends had fallen on a rock pile Saturday Morning and he split his head open and passed away at the hospital.I was in complete shock and then the tears came.Barely managing to get home all i could think of was how are we going to console Jordan? He is taking it very hard and still can not believe that he is gone.I too can't wrap my head around this.I still kept telling myself how could this be.Reality sank back in when the principle phoned to tell us as she was phoning his bestfriends.Jordan being one of them.They are having a memorial for his friend at school and grieve counselors will be there as well.As hard as this is for Jordan and his friends they have gone to see his family to see if there was anything they could do.Now many of you who know us know that Jord is already in counseling learning how to deal with his anger and his anxiety and how to handle his emotions and I know I am afraid that this will set him back.We are really trying to be careful as not to upset him but what do you say to your child who just lost one of his bestfriends.I am not one to ask for prayer,however I am asking for prayer for Jordan during this time. Blessings

1 comment:

Crystal said...

How sad, what a sad situation! I totally understand because my son was in counselling for the very same things....but as much as you want to protect them, you can't! I know it's hard....but God can use this.....trust Him!