Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wow November Already!!!

Before long everyone will be busy with the all the huslte and bustle of the Christmas Season.I for one am not too fond of Christmas. I have a very hard time wrapping Christmas around my head.Before I came to Christ I only had Christmas in my house as that was the thing to do for the kids,it was a time to get together with all your loved ones and just one day out of the year show love and compassion for others.Now this always made me think why can't we have Christmas everyday and have world peace.To me I didn't need or want just one day to show love or compassion,I wanted it to be like that everyday.As my Grandpa Parkinson would say he loved Chritsmas because for him it was his one day where everyone got together,putting their differences aside and became a family again.You see my Grandparents(dad's side)were divorced and he was remarried with my half-uncles one being the same age as me,the other a couple years younger.I remember going to Grandpa's in the morning for breakfast and gift opening,then we would all go home for the afternoon.Then we would go to my Grandma's do gift opening and have a huge dinner in Grandma's one bedroom little house,how we all fit I will never know.That was my Christmas tradition.Bill and I have very different tradition's and have somehow kept some of each other's and have created our own.This year (after 17 years) I'm going home to spend Christmas with my Dad,Stepmom and sisters.Dad and I have been able to put our differences aside and have our one day together,which I thank the Lord for everyday.Dad has never met Samm or Jord.I have only seen my little sister Joyce once,(Cheryl I used to babysit) met once.That was in the hospital after our Dad had a massive heart attack,in which he never recovered from.Another reason for going to see him.I thought I would be sad, as so much time has been lost and when we finally go home it is with knowing how sick he is.I have prayed and prayed for Dad and I to be brought back together,someone once said becareful what you wish for as you never know what is in store for you.Wow you can say that again!!!Now I know that when someone passes on their spirit lives on,for when i look at Jord I see my Grandpa. I also know you never forget how,where,when and why??? Christmas to me just isn't about the birth of Jesus Christ,it is also about celebrating my Grandfather's life as he was taken away from us on Christmas day.Now don't be sad as I'm not,as this is a little piece of my life and it is with great joy that I share this with all of you.To you Grandpa,till we meet again. A little early,,,,I know!!!!

2 comments:

Adam said...

Man I love this song!! Never too early. Christmas happens everyday as people come to know Christ.

Tanya said...

Thanks Adam,I am really beginning to understand and believe that chritmas hapens everyday as the more people come to christ