Friday, September 15, 2006

life with kids



Well one has to wonder,what God's master plan is for one's self.Being a teenage Mom I was faced with a lot of challenges.I have no regrets in having either of my children as young as i did.I gave up Harvard(yes i was accepted),but I look at that wasn't what God's plan was for me at that time.If I had known when I was younger about the muscular dystrophy gene I carry I would not have had any children.A few of my friends were lucky they had the support of their families I had noone,till my son was born at 22.Then two years later I was all alone again only one friend stayed with me through it all and she is now my children's godmother.She has always wanted children of her home but after trying and trying they placed it in god's hands and said if it is meant to be it will.I suffered a really bad miscarriage and thought i would never find the strength to get through till my grandma told me remember your faith,never knew what she meant but boy do i now.God kept speaking to me about helping my bestfriend have her dream come true,I offered to be her surrogate but it was too expensive and didn't want put any strain on our friendship.Which never would have happened.It just amazes me how when a couple tries and tries nothing and then when you least expect it and aren't trying you are givin this amazing gift.So if anyone knows anything about being a teen mom and doing it alone with two young children I do.Children are truly a gift from God. Another blessing is my wonderful hubby Bill ,for excepting our children and loving them. For he has taught me what family is.I am very blessed in having knowing my grandparents.I am very blessed by my children,hubby,family,friends and our church family.

I will not let love and truth leave me;I will bind them around my neckand write them on the tablet of my heart. Proverbs 3:3

No comments: