Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wow It has been so long since I,ve posted.I didn't realize how much little time I would actually have once I went back to school full time all while working full time and being a single parent.What a whirlwind of a year it has been.I have a question and would love to hear feedback on this please.So to all my friends out there..,How does one go about truly leaving the past and mistakes that your parents think were mistakes in the past, when they won't? I am not the same 17 year old who had a baby out of wedlock.How do I make them see this? I know I haven't always made the best choices.I have two wonderful children that I raised all by myself one is 22 and attending the Vancouver Art Institution.My youngest just graduated.What more could I ask for? I am so thankful for my children who are my light,my best friends. I am so thankful for my sisters and the chance we have been givin to know each other.Building a bond with them has been a wonderful experience and I thank God every day for that. I am so thankful that my Mom's cancer seems to be in remission...,even though I won't truly except it. I am so thankful that my brother who has Ducehnne's Muscular Dystrophy will be turning 25 in Sept. I am so thankful for all the wonderful weather we are having.., even though I have a back injury and am off work. I am so thankful for my wonderful friends who show that I am loved and wanted. I am so thankful for my daughters trip home even though it was only a week. With everything I know that with each new struggle, with each new challenge with each new hurt with each thought doubt of self worth I know that I am never alone.That our father is always there. Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is of good report-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-I will think about such things.The things I have learned and received and heard and seen in those who walk with Christ,I will practise,and the God of peace will be with me. Philippines:8-9 God Bless and have a beautiful day..,hugs.peace and love.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a tough question you have asked. I wish I had a magic answer. Fine words are just that, fine words. Letting go, even when others are unable to is hard. Letting go when you are the only one holding it tight is just as difficult.

Look within and then look up. Fold your hands and pray. Daily. It's hard, its taken me years to come to grips with some things and figure that I am not responsible for how someone else behaves.

Maybe to honor your parents you need to take a vacation from them, or their comments. If they begin to bring up the past, just smile and say that you know they did the best they could as parents and that you love them and you have done the best you could raising your own blessings.

I don't know you at all, but maybe one reason they bring it up is their own guilt they might feel (however misplaced it might be).

I hope things get better in that regard gentle friend.

Blessings
K

LAURIE said...

Tanya, thank you for sharing with us over at THANKFUL THURSDAY today. First of all, congrats to you on going to school. You have a huge plate but it will definetly be worth it in the end as you make a better life for yourself and your family. And this leads me to answering your question...The Bible says that we are ALL sinners, the only difference between you and someone else may be Gods grace and forgiveness. He says that His forgiveness throws our sin into the sea as far as the east is from the west. If He can forgive so should others. But unfortunetly many forgive but cant forget. You continue to do what you are doing, better yourself and place your life, and your dreams in Gods hands and just see where He takes you. Only one person will be held accountable for you and that is YOU! Dont live in the past, there is a reason it is called "the past", its gone. But today and tomorrow has so much promise and purpose. Go get it! :)

Kathleen said...

I think if your parents bring up the past I would just kindly tell them that it is past, you've made good choices in recent years and you are proud of your accomplishments and your children. One time I had to tell my dad "I'm sorry your not proud of me, but I am very proud of myself". He didn't say anything but it made an impact. Have a wonderful day!